Bearing SUPER THREAD!

Jacek

u can pyut totally dry bearings in, but they start slowing down after a little while or if theyre very expensive bearings they can get messed up. for the most part its fine . i do it

matr!

Silver Member
Ok, I got some sewing oil cause alot of people reckon it works really well on bearings. So should I put it in my headset? Cause I don't have anymore grease or lube if it doesn't work very well, and then I can't ride for ages....

caleb610

i put rubbing alcohol in a jar then put 1 bearing at a time on my axle and put in the drill then put the bearing in the acohol and spin for a minute or two then lube up and go ride

ConnorD

Steel Member
bump.
okay so I just got some shake junt bearings and i put everything together, but the spacers are pretty loose in the wheel and it makes a big rattling noise. My scooter is super undial because of it, and don't try to tell me its something else because i've narrowed it down to the spacers. I used a vice to put the bearings in and they are as far in as possible. any way to get the spacer to stop rattling, preferably without taking out the bearings?

BrandonWeir

Steel Member
bump.
okay so I just got some shake junt bearings and i put everything together, but the spacers are pretty loose in the wheel and it makes a big rattling noise. My scooter is super undial because of it, and don't try to tell me its something else because i've narrowed it down to the spacers. I used a vice to put the bearings in and they are as far in as possible. any way to get the spacer to stop rattling, preferably without taking out the bearings?

Tighten the wheel more. Find a different spacer, the one you're using might be lipped a little bit.

K

Kieran Mayhew

So after cleaning the bearings, what is the best thing to use to lube the bearings?

mattyts

just to add something,those people who brag they have abec 1,000 bearings.piss off.
The ABEC rating dosent have nothing to do with speed,a abec 1 bearing will always spin faster than a abec 11 bearing becuase abec is how small the tolerances are,a abec 11 bearing would have a very tight tolerance where as a abec 1 bearing would have slack tolerances which would spin faster becuase theres more room for the balls to move

Also a abec 11 bearing can go to a abec 1 bearings within hours depending on the conditions!

For anyone id recomend super reds or reds! there cheap,have decent tolerances and you get a free sticker :D

R-Dubya

Steel Member
And your post is complete bullshit anyways aside from your basic understanding of ABEC.

ABEC 1: 0.0075mm (0.000295")

ABEC 3: 0.0050mm (0.000197")

ABEC 5: 0.0035mm (0.000138")

ABEC 7: 0.0025mm (0.000098")

ABEC 9: 0.0012mm (0.000047")

Those are the different ABEC tolerances. For our uses, ABEC is completely irrelevant. .0063mm is not going to make one bearing "loose" while a higher tolerance is "tighter", and I don't know any scooter that reaches >30,000rpms, which is the only place that ABEC makes a difference speed-wise. ABEC means nothing, which is why you don't see respectable bearing companies advertising their ratings.

matr!

Silver Member
Abec rating doesn't really matter. I rode the same abec 3's for 8-9 months and they lasted just as long as my abec 7's which I'm using now. They performed just as well too.

The only thing that matters is regular cleaning and re-lubing.