Read if your buying a camera

D ∆ V I D

Basic Bunch
could someone please explain to me what the heads are? I am interested in a vx1000 or 2000 but i still dont know what heads are, which sound important with everybody talking about them.

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
could someone please explain to me what the heads are? I am interested in a vx1000 or 2000 but i still dont know what heads are, which sound important with everybody talking about them.
Heads are the recording heads. Its what writes the data onto your tape. They get worn out and dirty. If you get a VX2000/2100 you don't have much to worry about, but VX1000s were made in 1998, they are old as fuck so you usually want to buy a separate camera to capture your footage onto the computer with so you aren't wearing out the VX1000 heads.

D ∆ V I D

Basic Bunch
yeah thats what my friend does on his vx1. he has a different cam to playback. so that is recommended for a vx1. ok i understand now. is there an place other than ebay, like a reliable source for a vx?

TomK

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean not really. Its just a handle. You can make one out of two L brackets you can get at Home Depot or Lowes.